- This attractive detached property has been a much loved family home for over 30 years and is beautifully presented, immaculately kept and generously proportioned throughout.
- The grounds and gardens are as immaculately tended and maintained as inside. The property sits well within its plot and in its entirety measures approximately 0.45 acres
- Enjoying ample ground floor accommodation including two reception rooms, large garden room, office, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room and cloakroom
- Four fabulous double bedrooms; two of which enjoy ensuite shower rooms and all have the benefit of built in wardrobes
- Beautifully landscaped garden, swimming pool, large stone terrace and covered BBQ area with lights, gazebo, summer house, double garage and parking for six vehicles
- Built in the late 1960’s, this American designed home was commissioned by one of the Clarks directors and at the time created a lot of interest within the architectural community because of its steel frame construction.
- Featured in architectural magazines and believed to have been given the Blue Ribbon Award at the Ideal Homes Exhibition
- The award was given for the New England style, large glass window areas, open plan ground floor and steel framed construction
This much loved family home is beautifully presented throughout, ideally situated in one of Street's most sought after addresses within close proximity of Millfield School. The home is complemented by a generous plot of nearly half an acre, together with heated swimming pool and expansive internal accommodation.
Upon entering the property you are welcomed into the entrance hall where doors open to a cloakroom, home office, sitting room and kitchen/breakfast room. The sitting room enjoys a dual aspect with picture windows overlooking the garden and gas coal effect fire, concertina doors connect the room with the dining room and can be pulled back to create a fantastic open space, perfect for entertaining. In the dining room there is ample space for a large table and chairs, outlook over the garden and an attractive open tread staircase rising to the first floor. A door takes you into a fabulous garden/games room, a light and generously proportioned space with two sets of sliding doors opening onto the garden. An attractive kitchen/breakfast room is beautifully appointed with a comprehensive range of base, wall, drawer and glazed units, ample worktop surfaces and one and a half bowl sink with waste disposal unit. Built in appliances include a double oven, microwave oven, halogen hob with cooker hood over, dishwasher and under counter fridge. A door leads conveniently out to the utility, mirroring the kitchen design with ample fitted storage, a sink unit, space for a washing machine, tumble dryer and fridge/freezer. Doors open to the front of the property, the garden room and double garage.
To the first floor there are four double bedrooms all having the advantage of built in wardrobes. Both the principle suite and another of the bedrooms enjoy the convenience of stylishly appointed shower rooms. A family bathroom comprising a modern white suite services the remaining bedrooms. There is also a large airing cupboard on the landing and loft hatch to roof space, which is part boarded with a light.
At the front, the garden is laid to lawn and a wide driveway provides parking for up to six vehicles which leads up to the double garage; fitted with double doors and supplied with power and light. A recently installed Ideal Logic Plus combination boiler can also be found here. A gate and path at the side lead around the property into the rear garden. The rear garden is both generous in size and well designed creating a fantastic entertaining space that is secure, private and well-lit, suiting keen gardeners and families alike. Beautifully landscaped it comprises a 36'x18' heated swimming pool with solar cover, large stone terrace with covered BBQ area, gazebo, arbour and lush lawn with stocked borders and well established boundary hedges and mature trees. Also worth noting is the summer house, brick built shed, timber shed and front and rear outside taps.
The property is ideally situated in one of Street’s most favoured cul-de-sacs within walking distance of the renowned Millfield School and approximately half a mile from the town centre with its good range of shops. Street also benefits from both indoor and open air swimming pools, Strode College and Theatre, a good range of sporting facilities and the complex of factory shopping outlets in Clarks Village. Millfield Preparatory School is on the outskirts of the historic town of Glastonbury, some 2 miles, whilst the Cathedral City of Wells is 8 miles. The nearest M5 motorway interchange at Dunball, Bridgwater (Junction 23) is 12 miles whilst Bristol, Bath, Taunton and Yeovil are all within commuting distance. The nearby A303 provides convenient transport links to London.
From the High Street proceed in an easterly direction and shortly after passing the Wessex Hotel on the right, turn right at the roundabout into Somerton Road. At the traffic lights (Millfield School on the left) proceed straight ahead and take the second right turning into Portway. Housman Road is the next right turning where No 10 will be identified on the right hand side just after you turn right into the cul-de-sac.