- Charming Victorian end of terrace home situated a stones throw from the High and the local amenities
- Sympathetically updated throughout with further scope for updating retaining many original features. The accommodation is arranged over four floors
- Large kitchen/dining room on the lower ground floor with a range of shaker style cupboards, well-appointed with a Rangemaster oven including 5 burners and a hot plate with extractor hood above Space for appliances
- Two large reception rooms with exposed floorboards, high ceilings, sash windows,picture rails and feature fireplaces including a wood burning stove
- Four bedrooms with three bedrooms benefitting from an ensuite. On the lower ground floor is a cloakroom
- At the side of the property there is a vehicular access shared with the neighbouring properties, having large gates that provide access to parking and the rear garden.
- Long rear garden with a south westerly aspect consisting of various fruit trees, cultivated areas and a large lawn at the foot of the garden
- Small courtyard off the kitchen with access to a cellar and a pedestrian gate to the side
- Gas central heating. Owned solar panels
- An internal viewing is highly recommended
A charming Victorian end of terrace home that has been sympathetically updated by the current owners. It still retains many original features typical of this age including the sash windows, picture rails and cornicing. The well-proportioned accommodation is arranged over four floors. There are two large reception rooms on the ground floor, a kitchen/breakfast room on the lower ground floor as well as a cloakroom. Four bedrooms, three of which have an en-suite. Outside the long rear garden has been cultivated in parts, but has a lawn at the foot. There is parking within the garden via double gates from a vehicular access. The property is conveniently situated a stone's throw from the centre of the town. Viewing is highly recommended.
From the attractive entrance hall with exposed floorboards, stairs rise to the first floor with doors leading off to the two large reception rooms and stairs descending to the lower ground floor. The sitting room at the front has wonderful high ceilings, a sash window, and a feature marble fireplace with inset gas fire. The second reception room features a box bay window to the rear benefitting from its sunny south westerly aspect. Again, another attractive fireplace, this time with a wood burning stove.
Descending to the lower ground floor the kitchen/breakfast can be found. This is well appointed with a range of cream shaker style units complete with a Rangemaster double oven having 5 gas burners and a hot plate. There is also space for a fridge/freezer, tumble drier, washing machine and dishwasher. At the foot of the stairs is an understairs cupboard and a door to the cloakroom. A further door opens onto the courtyard where there is access to a cellar.
On the first-floor landing there are two double bedrooms, both of which have en-suites. The second one of the two at the front has an adjoining room, which could be used for a variety of things ie. a dressing room, nursery, personal gym etc. the en-suite also includes a corner bath. There is an understairs cupboard and a staircase to the remaining floor.
Here there are two further bedrooms. The larger of the two is situated to the front and features sloping ceilings and a walk-in closet. The other bedroom has two Velux windows affording lovely views of the skyline and countryside beyond. There is a built-in cupboard and en-suite.
The property sits behind an attractive brick wall with hedgerow providing some privacy and with a low maintenance gravelled area. To the side of the property is a vehicular access leading to the double gates that open into the rear garden & parking. These gates provide access also to the rear of the neighbouring three properties. The rear garden has a wonderful south westerly aspect there are a variety of plants, shrubs & fruit trees, a fews cultivated areas, but at the foot of the garden is an area of lawn.
The property is situated in an elevated position approximately a mile from the town centre with its good range of shops, supermarkets, restaurants, cafes, public houses and health centres. The historic town of Glastonbury is famous for its Tor and Abbey Ruins and is 6 miles from the Cathedral City of Wells. The thriving centre of Street is 2.5 miles and offers more comprehensive facilities including Strode College, Strode Theatre, both indoor and outdoor swimming pools and the complex of shopping outlets in Clarks Village. The M5 motorway can be accessed at Junction 23 (Dunball) some 14 miles whilst Bristol, Bath, Taunton and Yeovil are within commuting distance.
From the centre of town, proceed to the top of the High Street and turn left. Continue along where the property can be found on the left hand side, just after the turning for St Edmunds Road.