- Superb period residence nestled nestled in a quiet backwater at the edge of the village
- Stunning far reaching views to the front extending to the Mendip Hills in the distance
- Wonderful secluded south facing gardens that back onto open countryside at the rear
- Driveway providing ample off road parking and access to a detached single garage
- Great annexe potential having a large double ground floor bedroom with en-suite
- Well proportioned living accommodation including three separate reception rooms
- Large roof space prime for conversion subject to necessary planning consents
- Booking an early viewing is highly advised to avoid missing out on this superb opportunity
This superb detached period property is situated in a quiet backwater within this highly sought after Polden village. The property offers wonderfully spacious and versatile accommodation together with with south facing gardens and far reaching countryside views to both front and rear. Viewing is highly advised.
Further to the already spacious living accommodation, there is great potential to convert a good sized roof space subject to obtaining any necessary consents. This could create two further bedrooms that take in much of the same countryside outlook as the rest of the property. The house is accessed primarily from the side and rear elevations, having a pleasant entrance either into the kitchen or study. The kitchen area has been fitted with an attractive range of units with woodblock worktop surfaces over and incorporating space for automatic appliances. There is a small utility room adjoining and stunning views enjoyed to the front of the property. The house benefits from four generously proportioned reception rooms, these include a large formal dining room with stairs ascending to the first floor, study with outlook over the surrounding gardens, principal sitting room with attractive exposed stone fireplace as a central feature and finally a sun room/conservatory extension with doors opening onto the garden. A third ground floor double bedroom makes for perfect guest accommodation or potential annexe with its own en-suite shower room. On the first floor, two large double bedrooms each take in a stunning outlook across neighbouring countryside and are serviced by a central family bathroom fitted with full suite.
The property sits within a superb sized plot with the majority of the gardens lying traditionally to the rear of the house and enjoying complete privacy from neighbours and a wonderful outlook across surrounding open countryside. The garden takes in a south facing aspect in its entirety, affording sun throughout the whole day and is predominantly laid to lawn with attractive well stocked shrub and flower borders. An area of patio extends from the rear elevation, an ideal seating area or perfect for outdoors dining. A driveway provides off road parking at the side of the house and access to a single detached garage.