- **Due to COVID-19, Holland & Odam are unfortunately not able to accompany any viewings at this property until further notice**
- **Please do still get in touch should you require further information or wish to register your interest to view the home at the first suitable opportunity**
- Five bedrooms including master bedroom with dressing room and en-suite bathroom
- A fitted country kitchen that opens onto a dining room with countryside views
- Spacious lounge with wood burners at either end, snug, utility and cloakroom.
- Electric gates open to a long driveway with ample parking for multiple vehicles
- Timber outbuildings provide opportunity to have your office or hobby away from the home
- Planning permission granted to build a single story barn within the grounds
- Available from our clients with the advantage of no onward chain
- A characterful detached house with wonderful views of the Polden Hills set in two acres
A picturesque detached house set in 2.2 acres with wonderful views of the Polden Hills and countryside to the distant Quantock Hills. The property is set on the edge of a small village approached along country lanes yet is within 7 miles of the M5 Motorway Junction 23.
Longpath Cottage is a most attractive and charming detached property which has been remodelled and extended by our clients to create an impressive and characterful family home. The cottage can be entered via all four elevations. The beautifully presented accommodation features a large lounge with two wood burners at each end, one an inglenook fireplace and charming window seats overlook the landscaped front garden. A spacious central hall has a snug at one end and stairs ascending to the first floor, all rooms lead off from here. A light dining room can easily accommodate display furniture and a large family sized table and chairs, featuring double glazed doors that make the most of the wonderful views across the land and surrounding countryside. A wide opening onto the kitchen provides a desirable open plan feel, great for entertaining. Fitted with an attractive range of shaker style base and wall units with solid oak work top surfaces including a central island. Deep Belfast sink. Integrated dishwasher and fridge. Belling range cooker set in a brick surround. A matching utility has base units, sink and space for a washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also a cloakroom. On the first-floor oak doors open to five bedrooms and a family bathroom. The superb master bedroom will not disappoint benefitting from a dressing room with built in wardrobes, en-suite bathroom, exposed timbers and doors onto a Juliette balcony, again affording those inspiring countryside views. The bathroom and en-suite feature stylish white suites with baths and separate shower enclosures.
The setting of Longpath Cottage is very appealing with remote controlled entrance gates open to a long gravel driveway with a central island leading to the house and provides ample parking. The front garden has been landscaped and is planted with flowering trees and shrubs, established lime trees planking the driveway and a eucalyptus tree. The edge of the driveway is illuminated. Timber gates at the side of Longpath Cottage open to the field and the rear garden, enclosed on all sides. The rear garden is set to a large area of yellow chippings and a stone paved patio making the most of the lovely views that stretch as far as the Quantock Hills. Beyond the patio and leading west is yellow gravel again becoming a path and leading passed a vegetable garden to a large chicken run. To the east are three timber buildings comprising a loose box, summer house and store.
For those looking for a little more, perhaps an annexe, full planning permission has been granted to build a detached single storey barn that covers 970 square feet approximately. Affording a great position to take in all of the views from every room.