- A stunning example of Georgian design with solid rendered elevations under a new slate tiled roof that must be viewed to be appreciated
- Traditional architectural features include slate window sills, portico entrance porch, Accoya wood facias and aluminium guttering and downpipes
- Internally, traditional plaster methods have been used to maintain originality. Architraves, skirting and doors are crafted from Accoya wood, highly durable, guaranteed for 100 years
- Enjoy all the benefits of a brand-new home with new plumbing, electrics and wiring throughout including top specification CAT 6 cabling and LED lighting
- A truly outstanding feature of the property is the stunning bespoke fitted kitchen covering almost 600sqft with seating area, limestone flooring, Aga and granite worktops
- An exceptional and very generously proportioned master bedroom suite with dual aspect. Fitted with American Walnut wardrobes, dressing table, drawers, bedside tables and super king size bed
- Light, spacious and beautifully presented accommodation including four reception rooms, study, four double bedrooms and four bathrooms
- Large front garden and south-west facing rear garden with large stone patio terrace, ample parking and double garage
- Offered for sale with no onward chain, early viewing is essential to avoid missing out on this one off home
Walnut Tree House, a truly magnificent home having undergone an extensive transformation by our clients that must be viewed to appreciate the exacting craftsmanship, attention to detail and seamless finish that covers a light and spacious 3,600sqft. This turn key property has all the advantages of a brand new home providing immaculate and tastefully presented accommodation including an exceptional bespoke kitchen and bathrooms.
A stunning example of Georgian design having solid rendered elevations under a new slate tiled roof with traditional architectural features including slate window sills, portico entrance porch, Accoya wood fascias and aluminium guttering and downpipes. Internally, all walls are solid and hard plastered with traditional plaster coving to maintain originality and suspended floors. Architraves, skirting and doors are crafted from Accoya wood, highly durable, guaranteed for 100 years and fitted by skilled joiners. Successfully and thoughtfully extended that has created a seamless transition both inside and out. Having all the benefits of a brand new home with new plumbing and wiring including top specification CAT 6 cabling throughout. All light fittings are included and have LED lighting.
Upon entering the property you are welcomed in a spacious reception hall where solid oak floors continue into the dining room and a solid oak turned staircase rises to the first floor. Matching panelled doors open to the sitting room, study, cloakroom, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room and a cloaks cupboard. The sitting room features a gas fire with polished stone surround and hearth and a wide opening into the family room with french doors onto the terrace. An impressive study is fitted with Cherry wood bookcases, cupboards and a desk. A truly outstanding feature of the property is the kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a comprehensive and tasteful range of units providing more than enough storage with black granite worktops, oil-fired Aga, central island with breakfast bar, two inset sinks with Insinkerator, built in Miele oven, Miele combination microwave/oven, Miele electric hob, fridge and freezer. Enjoying a dual aspect with window seats to front and floor to ceiling windows and French doors on to the terrace. The utility room also mirrors the kitchen design. Doors lead out to the side of the property and into the dining room, a well-proportioned room that is light and spacious with floor to ceiling windows and French doors onto the terrace.
From the first-floor landing matching panelled doors lead to four double bedrooms each with its own bathroom facilities. An exceptional and very generously proportioned master bedroom suite with dual aspect and fitted furniture has a superb ensuite shower room has a large walk-in shower, twin sink and marble tops.
Outside, the front garden is laid to lawn with established shrub borders and mature tress, fully enclosed by natural stone walling and gate pillars with five bar gate opening onto a sweeping driveway providing ample parking with electric car charging point and large double garage. Fully insulated and fitted with remote electric roller doors, window and pedestrian door to the rear garden. A Vailliant gas fired boiler and hot water pressure vessel is also housed here. At the side there is a gate and covered area ideal for refuse and access into the garden. The rear garden has a desirable south-west facing aspect, fully enclosed with an impressive stone terrace extending from the entire rear elevation, a fantastic outside entertaining space with attractive wall lighting that is entered via the kitchen, dining room and family room. The rest is laid to lawn for ease of maintenance and provides a blank canvas for keen gardeners.
The delightful village of Ashcott (population c.1186) sits part way along the Polden ridge, having wonderful rural views of the Somerset Levels and its various tributaries, all situated some 5 miles south-west of Glastonbury. At its heart is the historic Church of All Saints, an early 15th century building, forming part of a group of six churches known as the Polden Wheel. Ashcott is particularly well known locally for its superb village community and benefits from a highly regarded Primary School, sports playing fields, two inns at the village centre, village store and active village hall. The village also offers good and convenient access to other local towns/employment centres, such as Taunton (18 miles), Bridgwater 10 miles), Wells (11 miles) Bristol (31 miles), Bath (31 miles) and Exeter (55 miles). The M5 motorway J23 (9 miles) and the A303 Podimore Junction (12 miles). Bristol International Airport is 23 miles and Castle Cary railway station (London Paddington) 15miles.
From Street take the A39 towards Bridgwater for approximately 3.5 miles, passing through the village of Walton and into Ashcott. Upon reaching the Ashcott Inn, turn immediately right into Middle Street. Proceed around a sharp left bend and follow the road uphill. The property will be found on the left hand side.