- Stunning detached property with curb appeal, built by our clients in 2017/18 and set in a highly sought-after area overlooking countryside
- A very thoughtfully designed layout providing generously proportioned accommodation that is beautifully presented throughout
- An impressive and tastefully appointed kitchen/dining/family room that ticks all the boxes for large families and those who desire open plan living
- Light and spacious sitting room with feature Multi-fuel stove and oak surround, oak flooring and a delightful outlook
- Four/five double bedrooms and four attractive bathrooms split over two levels
- Fabulous countryside views to front of the home extending to Street Hill
- Large utility/boot room and ground floor shower room that complement the principal accommodation
- Excellent rear garden with large patio terrace, vegetable plot and play area
- Prime location on the very outskirts of the town with easy access to Millfield School
- Advantageously offered for sale without the complication of an onward chain
This stunning four/five bedroom detached property is one to view providing light, tastefully appointed and generously proportioned accommodation throughout, occupying a prime position with countryside views on one of the Streets most sought after roads. Offered for sale with no onward chain
A desirable residence, built by our clients in 2017/18 and finished to an exceptional standard with quality fixtures and fittings. Beautifully appointed throughout affording a successful and tasteful blend of modern and traditional finishes including matching oak doors, oak and Travertine tiled flooring, ground floor underfloor heating and four stylishly appointed bathrooms.
Sheltered by a storm porch, an attractive solid oak entrance door opens into the reception hall. Here a stunning oak staircase ascends to a glazed galleried landing and doors lead off to the sitting room, kitchen/dining/family room, study/bedroom five and a shower room. The delightful sitting room is particularly spacious and features wide windows to the front and a multi-fuel stove set on a slate hearth with solid oak surround and mantle providing an attractive focal point. The hub of the home, an impressive open plan kitchen/dining/family room has the 'WOW' factor with Travertine floor tiles and two sets of bi-folding doors opening onto the patio terrace and garden. The kitchen is fitted with an attractive range of bespoke hand painted shaker base and drawer units with beautiful granite worktops, double ceramic sink, integrated dishwasher, built in Neff oven and combination microwave/oven, Neff induction hob and extractor over. A large central Island with solid oak worktops incorporates a breakfast bar and plenty of additional storage beneath. There is ample space for a generous table and chairs, sofas and freestanding display furniture. A large utility/boot room mirrors the kitchen design with ample storage, sink unit and space for a washing machine and tumble dryer. A side door provides access out to the side of the property and another door takes you into a useful shower room, also accessed from the reception hall. If you are thinking towards the future or simply desire a fifth bedroom the study would make a delightful double bedroom conveniently serviced by the shower room.
On the first floor, a spacious and airy galleried landing has a remote-controlled Velux window, large airing cupboard and matching oak doors off to the four double bedrooms and family bathroom. Both the master bedroom and the guest bedroom feature vaulted ceilings, built in wardrobes and superb ensuite shower rooms. The guest suite affords splendid countryside views to the front whilst the master bedroom has a delightful outlook over the rear garden. Bedroom three also has the benefit of a built-in wardrobe and bedroom four enjoys countryside views. A luxury family bathroom with Travertine tiles comprises large freestanding bath, walk-in shower, granite topped sink unit with cupboard beneath and WC with concealed cistern.
The property is situated on the southern outskirts of Street approximately 1.75 miles from the High Street. Street is a busy mid Somerset town famous as the home of prestigious Millfield School, Clarks Shoes and now a popular shopping destination with Clarks Village retail centre. Street provides a theatre/cinema, Strode College, indoor and open air swimming pools, bowls club, health centre, library and a choice of pubs and eating places. M5 Junction 23 12 miles, A303 (Podimore roundabout) 12 miles, Castle Cary Train station (London Paddington) 12.5 miles, Historic town of Glastonbury 2.5 miles, City of Wells 9 miles, Bristol 33 miles, Bath 27 miles. (all mileages are approximate)
From the High Street proceed in an easterly direction passing the Bear Inn on the right. On reaching the mini-roundabout take the fourth exit signposted to Somerton. Continue straight ahead over the traffic lights and proceed on the B3151. As the road bears sharp left, turn right on the bend into Higher Brooks. The property will be found on the right hand side towards the end of the road.