- This handsome and generously proportioned red brick built 1930's detached house
- Excellent sized plot and beautifully tended gardens providing plenty of scope to extend if desired
- Dated yet well maintained throughout the accommodation is well proportioned with lovely ceiling height
- Enjoy two large reception rooms with fireplaces and a good sized kitchen/breakfast room
- Three bedrooms and family bathroom on the first floor with scope to extend over the double garage and create further bedrooms
- Situated in a sought-after road within walking distance of the town centre and Millfield School
- Separate orchard with its own lane from Leigh Road providing vehicular access
- An early viewing is highly recommended to avoid missing out on this rare opportunity
This handsome and generously proportioned 1930's detached house provides an excellent opportunity for buyers seeking a project, affording scope to extend subject to necessary consents and offered for sale together with the orchard behind. The additional land has its own vehicular access from a lane off of Leigh Road. Viewing at the earliest opportunity is highly advised to seize this rare opportunity.
A storm porch shelters the main entrance door which opens into the hall, here stairs ascend to the first floor and doors open to all ground floor accommodation which are generously proportioned and have excellent ceiling height. The formal sitting room is light and airy with an open fire and large bay window to front. In the lounge/dining room another fire place with a gas fire and a view through sliding doors onto the garden. The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with ample base, wall and drawer units with worktops and built in dining table. Built in double oven, gas hob and dishwasher. Space for a washing machine and fridge. There is a useful under-stair storage cupboard and two external doors: one into the garden and the other to the side of the property.
On the first floor you have two double bedrooms and a third bedroom with airing cupboard. A delightful outlook over the garden and orchard can be enjoyed from the bedrooms on the rear elevation. All serviced by a family bathroom.
The front garden is laid to lawn and edged with a mature Privet hedge. There is driveway parking in front of the double garage with two up and over doors, power, light and pedestrian door into the garden. The sunny rear garden is private and fully enclosed by mature hedging and enjoys a beautifully manicured lawn and greenhouse. An opening brings you into the apple orchard also well maintained and fully enclosed, also access across a lane owned by 6 Wraxhill Road from Leigh Road
The property is situated in Wraxhill road, a sought-after residential cul-de-sac within walking distance of the High Street with its excellent range of shopping outlets including Clarks Village. Street also offers a comprehensive range of sporting and recreational facilities including both indoor and open air swimming pools, football, tennis, cricket and Strode Theatre. Millfield School is on the town outskirts whilst the Preparatory School at Edgarley, Glastonbury is some 3 miles. The Cathedral City of Wells is 8 miles whilst the nearest M5 motorway interchange at Dunball (Junction 23) is 12 miles. Bristol, Bath, Taunton and Yeovil are all within commuting distance.
From the High Street turn into Leigh Road, Crispin Hall on the corner. Continue, passing Hindhayes Infant School on the left and after negotiating a right-hand bend take the first turning on the left into Wraxhill Road where the property will be found on the right hand side.